- How about some good news to start your day. Vodkov has begun skating. W00t!
- Happy 79th Birthday, Le Gros Bill! Your classiness prevents us from saying something nice about you, because praise from a stripper and meth-laden hockey blog would only tarnish your awesomeness;
- TSN's NHL page has a bunch of recent signings, none of which we find newsworthy. Sam Gagner? Yawn;
- This week's True Blood recap features tits, for those of you who have no interest in True Blood.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Album everyone should add to their collection: Appetite for Destruction by Guns N’ Roses
Solid answer Dustin. One of the seminal metal / hard rock albums of all-time. I'm sure the rest of your answers will be as incisive.
T.V. show everyone should check out: Family Guy
OK, I like Family Guy and all, but of all the TV in the world you recommend that? We're starting to understand you a bit better Dustin.
Movie everyone has to see: Step Brothers
Obviously the most important film of the last half century, though I can think of a few Will Ferrell movies that should be ahead of this one. Like all of them.
DVD box set everyone should own: Entourage. All the seasons.
Sure, if by "all the seasons" you mean Seasons 1 and 2.
A go-to snack: Sushi
Nothing better than watching Family Guy reruns late at night and curling up on the couch with some California rolls.
Book (magazine) everyone should read: I’m going to have to go with Maxim magazine.
Second only to the Bible in cultural importance. Giggidy.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
So now that's we've had a little time to consider this Karri Ramo for Cedrick Desjardins deal, we've come up with two explanations.
Explanation Number One (which makes at least some hockey sense): The Goat intends for Karri to join Carey as his backup next season. More than that, based on the fact that the 25-year old Ramo already has two 20-plus NHL seasons, and last season had a pretty good year as full-time starter in the KHL, he'll challenge for the starter's role. If Carey The First falters this year as full-time, undisputed starter, the Goat has a 'backup plan' (heh, pun) in Karri The Second next year.
And let's not get too wrapped up with Cedrick the Puck-Stopper being the next coming of Georges Vezina. He was undrafted, and was the 17th ranked Habs prospect at Hockey' Future. His NHL upside was likely only to be a backup. I like the kid, he obviously knows how to win, but at 24 he hasn't played an NHL game. I'll wait a season and take the KHL starter, thank you.
Explanation Number Two (which admittedly is less likely, but would enshrine Geoff Molson into the Crazy/Rogue Owner Club with Harold Ballard, Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban. Hey, the Habs didn't win any Cups under the caretaker Uncle George, why hope for a different result with the same approach?): Geoff Molson and Pierre Gauthier have a plan, including several more planned acquisitions.
Not just a plan, but a Master Plan. A great vision for the franchise, which they have dubbed "Carey-fication."
Acquiring Karri to back up/challenge Carey as soon as next year was only Step 1.
Step 2: Anoint new goaltending coach.
Next, the Master Plan calls for hiring former NHL goaltender Kari Takko as a special goaltending consultant. With the acquisition of a young Finnish goaltender, it was important to introduce someone with similar experiences: like being a marginal NHL talent who runs back to Europe when the going gets rough.
Step 3: Acquire new National Anthem Singer (and husband).
Hey, Mike Fisher can play on my team any day. Has some size, decent hands, and a good work ethic. Problem is, The Goat will probably give up PK to get him. All to Carey-fy the pre-game rituals by adding Mrs. Carrie Fisher. She may be NHL WAG #1, a good singer (if you call country 'music'), and obviously she was properly named. But I still prefer the original.
Step 4: Hire New flexibility coach.
Finally, Step 5: Add New Assistant to the GM.
Hi there, Carrie Prejean and Trump's boobs. Why? Because The Goat needs someone to make him look smart.
You know you're despereate for puck when you're googling "Carrie Prejean". Fucking sign someone already, Goat. We're bored.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
- The Artist formerly known as the Cristo-Wall is going to be playing in Switzerland this year. Remember when he was our franchise goalie? Hahahahaha;
- There's some Global Hockey Summit going in on Toronto. We have no idea what it is. Sounds like a hockey executive circle jerk;
- Shootout wins will no longer count in the tie-breaker formula. Hopefully this is step one in the return of the old-fashioned 60 minute tie game;
- And of course your Tuesday reminder to check out our True Blood Recap.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Morning all. So sorry for the lack of Sexy Friday yesterday. Real life and all. So for Sexy Saturday we're doing something special - dumping a whole lotta crap on you! Consider these the FHF sexy deleted scenes, as we clean out some photos from our hard drive (to make room for more porn). There's just so much sexy goodness (in these pics that didn't make the cut in the first place), we're putting the whole thing after the jump. Join us for a trip down memory lane by doing the clickity-click thing NOW...
This summer's World Cup was awesome for its sexiness. First, here's a bonus pic we didn't use of that famous Paraguayan babe with the boobs and the cell phone and the boobs. You know, what's-her-name. Man her 15 minutes are up.
And some random World cup babeage:
I think we once had a streak going where we only posted chicks who slept with Tom Brady for the previews. Here's a couple of outtakes from that series.
Our hard drive is filled with random stripper pics. Sometimes it's pretty obvious why we didn't use them. That den mother second from right is frightening me.
Here's some women drinking champagne, because, uh, we were celebrating something maybe?
We seem to have a whole series of sexy nun pictures on our hard drive. I vaguely recall a sexy nun preview a few years back. Or maybe these were just mixed in from our personal collection.
And finally, no sexy outtakes would be complete without a couple of selections from the Weekend Open Thread of Love series. Enjoy your weekend kids. Hockey season is just around the corner.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
- Oh Cedrick, we hardly knew ye. Habs trade goalies with Tampa as the Bolts continue to become Habs South, with Cedrick Desjardins going the snowbird route and Karri Ramo coming north. Another francophone out of the Habs organization;
- Tomas Kaberle will be a Leaf forever, and we laugh;
- TMS is in the land formerly known as the Land of 56k Modems but now known as the Land of No HBO Only TV, so Wrap Around Curl is covering this week's True Blood recap with her usual gif-y goodness.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Bullet points for what you missed while dreaming of Sienna Miller in a bikini...
- Contract... denied! Arbitrator smells something fishy in the Kovalchuk deal and rejects it. C'mon, it seemed kosher to us, and we're a lawyer;
- The Bulldogs are down to five defencemen, with some guy I haven't heard of getting signed by the Sentaors;
- Louis Leblanc impresses at the Team Canada development camp;
- A Heritage Classic at Molson Stadium would be beyond awesome;
- Number 1 goalie Alex Auld will wear number 35;
- You should realize by now these Tuesday TMSs are just to pimp our latest True Blood recap.
Friday, August 06, 2010
Many lap dances to Weed over at Sportress of Blogitude, where you can find a huge gallery of Valeria and really see her bones, if you're into that sort of thing.
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
Bertrand Raymond was said to be pleased with the news.
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
- Louis Leblanc prepares for his role as sauveur de la franchise;
- Métro signs with EV Zug of the Swiss league. Zug alors;
- BGL has officially retired. Politics is a 24-7 job you know;
- Blackhawks prefer Marty Turco's salary to Antti Niemi's. You know any teams with no signed goalie and a little cap space?
- Looks like Mike Modano will sign with the Wings;
- This week's True Blood recap is bloody.
Sunday, August 01, 2010
Here's a preview of his first speech in the House of Commons: "TekSAVEEEEE!!! TekSAVEEEEEE!!!!!" [elbows Harper, knocks Ignatieff in the teeth]