Friday, July 04, 2008

The Morning Skate for July 4th

Bullet points for what you missed while dreaming of winning your independence...
  • Bob is alive! And tweaking. After the Grabs trade and the Laraque signing we reported on yesterday, Habs sign Cedric Desjardins and Marc Denis. Jaro asks "eees eye on way out zee door?"
  • New York continues to defy salary cap odds and sign Markus Naslund, relatively cheap at 8 mill for two years. No way they have room to sign Sundin now, right? Right? Bueller?
  • Pens lock up M-A Fleury for another seven years, at 5 mill per. We're going back and forth between "that's way too much for him" to "that will be a steal in two years."

U-S-A! U-S-A! Or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I said before, Denis is a smart deal. Halak will just go down to the minors. They'll rotate. I think Price will do wonderful things being #1 for a full year and with Georges "Do you smell what LARAQUE's been cooking?!" no one will run him anymore.

*side note: my roommate's team on NHL 2005 was the Oil and Laraque, besides the fights, seemed to score quite a few timely goals. My roommate was also a WWF fan (shakes head in shame). Hence the Georges "Do you smell what LARAQUE's been cooking?!". I intend to shout that everytime he touches the puck on my computer screen/imagination.

There's no way NYR can afford all of this. Just like the Wings. Someone who can count higher than five-teen! Get on this!

I almost have expectations for my Habbies this season. They're defending something, 1st in the East. They want to do better. They have talent and desire. I'm getting a stiffy just thinking about it.