Monday, January 25, 2010

Habs 6 Rangers 0 Leaves Us Confused


This is Knight Jaro defeating (and apparently decapitating) "King Henry" Henrik Lundqvist. It was to be part of a whole MacBeth theme - with John Tortorella as Lady MacBeth. You know what we figured out? Shakespeare is hard. Cool photoshop, though.

Habs win big over the same team that whupped them a week before. This is confusing.

After a week spent discussing the size of the chucks of sky falling around the grounds about the Habs new training facility, a short trip to the New York metropolitan area and now the only debate is whether the parade route should pass by the old forum on its way to the Phone Booth.

Still confused. But, even as a Carey Price fan, I am confident about this: it's up to Jaro get on his horse and lead the way to the playoffs.

Go Jaro.

Go Pants comments! No? Ok - go read TMS

11 comments:

Young HF29 said...

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

(Act 4, Sc. 1)

to balance all the happiness around here.

"pricking", heh

moeman said...

Out, damned 10th place spot! out, I say!

~ Act V, scene i

GoldenGirl11 said...

"Is this a dagger which I see before me off to Hamilton, The handle toward the hand of Guy?"

Habsfan10 said...

Dammit Panger! If you're gonna do a Shakespeare theme you call the English Lit major for backup!!

By the way, this Jaro/Price thing has a whole Hamlet/Laertes/Claudius/Fortinbras feel to it. As soon as I figure out which one is which I'll let everyone know.

Orangeman said...

Love the pic, one of my favourites. I foresee Halak taking Lundqvist out of the Olympics next month. Nothing against Sweden but if Slovakia can do Canada's dirty work I'd appreciate it. Plus more room for Koivu to take home silver/bronze.

I bring up the Olympics because Shakespear hurts my brain and I'm so confused by the Habs right now it frightens me.

So, yeah. Go Canada!

Ian Vitro said...

Price is totally Hamlet. All that angst, and his hot/cold streaks make him seem like 2 different people...

Pierre Proulx: Do you know me, my lord?
Carey Price: Excellent well; you are a fishmonger.

vf = whesse, as in "Let's stay away from the wHerman wHesse references."

Anonymous said...

How about OB`s fight? Nice to see players actually sticking up for teammates! (cough*BGL*cough)

In the last 2 games, we`ve had almost more fights than BGL had all season... and at least these weren`t the useless staged kind...

J.T. said...

"Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving." -Iago to Cassio Price, Othello, Act II, Scene III.

lehab said...

@ J.T. Excellent!

subdoxastic said...

Not sure about Macbeth.

Perhaps "The Tempest".

Prospero: Bob Gainey

Number31 said...

To suckle fools, and chronicle small beer.