Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Afternoon Skate is looking stylish


Helloooooo, handsome. 

Bullet points for what you missed while you've been stuck at work with an IT department that blocks every interesting site on the interwebs...
  • In light of TFS' stylishness, Squid Tweets his fashion preferences and offers fashion tips;
  • Sid's agent is denying all this crap about his client not being ready for the season because of the return of concussion symptoms. Because agents (fucking lawyers) tell the truth all the time, we of course believe him. And Steven Stamkos has weighed in for some reason;
  • Ovie is hawking chocolate bars now. There's videos and everything. We'd bitch, but as any 420'er knows, Mr. Big is a fine product. Chewy and crunchy all at once;
  • Here's a nice puff piece on PatCHes' upcoming season. Even the Canadiens website is bored;
  • If you've got nothing to do at 4 PM today, turn on TSN2 and root for 12-year olds. PUMMELL THE SHIT OUT OF THOSE JAPANESE IMPERIALIST ASSHOLES. Sorry, the LLWS is the only baseball we watch anymore, and we take it way too seriously;
  • Over at our summer fling, we've got the weekly True Blood recap and as a special bonus, TMS singing. Don't judge;
  • Anyone feel the earthquake this afternoon?
As you were.

12 comments:

Steve said...

I hate suits, and wool in general. In Steve's world the men wear track suits and the women's have writing on the bum.

Chester said...

Suits were designed to punish. Especially that fucking tie thing.

boobs

Mr. natural said...

Woah that boy shur is mighty purdy lookin'

Earthquake!? Whay i thought that wuz my araction grumblin' ta life.

Steve said...

Earthquake?, yeah thats the ticket.

Kate said...

I like a man in a suit.

Number31 said...

Heeey handsome. We got the most stylish rodeo goalie ever.

No earthquake for me. Anyway Place Ville Marie is on bumpers. And I could never tell the difference between an earth rumble or the sound guy locked in the corner in that place. If there was an explosion in the building I'd think it was him making noise for Army of Two.

moeman said...

I like a woman in a suit, bathing.

Hadulf said...

That is so fucking ironic...I can't see the image above, I get a "FORBIDDEN" message from our trusty firewall...

Steve said...

Wool I have to say I was not totally forthcoming about my suit aversion. The smell of wool brings back painful memories, especially in the rain. My uncle owned a sheep farm, at what would seem like a extremely young age nowadays, my parents sent me to work there for the summer. My Dad who had worked there as a youth said “son you are going to enjoy some of the best days and nights of your life.”
We slept under the stars in the shelter of an ancient white pine. Every night just as I was falling to sleep a bell would clang and all the men would run off into the darkness as if chasing gold coins down the hill. After a few nights I asked my uncle what was going on. “ Steve” he said “ the men are having sex with the sheep”. I was a clever kid,so this did not come as a shock. “ But what is with the bell” My uncle replied “ well we like to keep things fair, and the bell makes sure all the men start their courting at the same time.” Puzzled I asked my uncle “what difference does it make what time you start”.
“Steve” he says “ you don’t want to get an ugly one, so we leave it to the fleetest of foot to get the beauties” Well this made perfect sense to me, and I had noticed I was fast compared to most of the other shepherds. Sure enough I had my pick of the sheep due to my youthful legs and virginal enthusiasm. I fell deeply in love with Lilybell, the one sheep every man wanted. As time went by all the men became very jealous, and bad blood developed between me and the rest of the men. My uncle has seen this happen many times before and he did what he always did. One night we ate Lilybell for dinner. I was heartbroken, so if you ever see a weeping man outside Harry Rosen looking lovingly at the suits in the window, its probably me.

Mr. natural said...

someone please call 911 and tell them we've got an emergency for the Douglas hospital in Verdun, goes by the name of Steve...

juce said...

I have touched this suited, handsome greatness! just don't know how to include the pic.

Number31 said...

I was really hoping to hear something like "AND CAMMALLERI SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!" on Team990 but I guess the Marlies guy is ok. At least his voice isn't annoying like some of those AHL guys I've heard...