- Daniel Brière and the Sabres have made "no progress" in contract talks. I love the way a story about nothing happening is the lead on RDS.ca. Dream on, francophone media, he's not coming here;
- Hall of Fame announcement to come to today. Messier's in, then it gets messy;
- Martin Brodeur quits the NHL Competition Committee in protest of them not protecting goalies enough. Marty was upset they wouldn't let goalies slash players in their crease with impugnity;
- HF10's debut was stellar. He'll put the rest of us to shame with actual writing skills;
- UFA period hours countdown - 66. Just a magical number.
Keep checking back for more UFA previews as Canada Day/UFA Day draws near. And for those of you who hate hockey, I'm sure there'll be some hot chicks too. You know, that are related to hockey somehow.