Thursday, July 19, 2007

Brushes With Habness: Guy Lafleur's Uncle Part 2 - You Gotta Marinate!

Brushes With Habness is a new feature here on FHF, where we, the FHF, tell you riveting stories about our brushes with Habs and people in the Habs family. Basically, some filler while we wait for the damn season to start.

So yesterday I regaled you with the fine taste of moose meat. But there's more. While the moose was delicious, it was pretty tough. Serious steak knives required. So when Guy Lafleur's uncle asked my dad how the moose was, my dad honestly told him it tasted great, but was a little tough. Well, that was sad news for Guy Lafleur's uncle. He asked my dad how we cooked it. My dad said we threw some spices on it and tossed it on the BBQ. Guy Lafleur's uncle said "Mais non! You have to marinate it!" and proceeded to give my dad many tips on marinating. Then he sent us more steaks to try again. We marinated this time, and the moose was delicious AND tender. Like I said yesterday, true story. You can't make this shit up.

No comments: