- Despite repeated pleas for me to go out to dinner, I watched every second of that game, so I feel I am in a position to say: what the fuck was that for 40 minutes? Maybe for the first 5 minutes of the first we were sort of barely ok, but after that the Habs stood around watching, like they were trying to figure out why four penises rose out from the BC Place floor during the opening ceremonies;
- For 40 minutes, the only player to really show up was the Subbanator. Truly a joy to watch. Puck-handling! By a defenseman! On the Habs!
- Blame TFS all you want (and on that 2nd goal, you'd be right), but he made MANY key saves at key times that gave us some hope for a comeback. Jaro wouldn't have won that game either;
- Blame the refs all you want (and for a lot of stuff, you'd be right), but Habs can't win a game in 20 minutes;
- Blame injuries all you want (and sure, you'd be right), but the guys out there were still NHL'ers (sort of). They know how to skate, right?
- Congrats to Dominic Moore for getting his first one for the Habs. If only I had heard your name over those first 40 minutes;
- Let's hope Jaro 2.0 is alive. Phlyers are still a bunch of dirty fucks. I thought the 1970's were over;
- Nice to see The Mexican show some of that hot-blooded Latin emotion at the end of the game there. If only he would have showed some of it during the game.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
As we have very little time before the rematch, I'll be brief. Also, feeling hungover. Those Dogfish Head IPA's are delicious, but killer. I think there must be some evil chemical in them. In fact, they've made me so hungover, I don't feel I can do much else besides list out some bullet points. They're easier on the head.