As you know, here at FHF we believe in The Streak. The Leafs male strippers, the plus-sized chicks for Caps games (I kid, I kid. They're done, I promise. Or are they?), and Habs sucking every time HF29 goes to a game. So one win in Florida with the bullet points means they're back tonight in hopes of another W in the Sunshine State. That, and I'm lazy 'cause I'm on vacation. And drunk, because I'm on vacation. OK, just drunk:
- 7:30 PM start, BankAtlantic Center. I love these American sports sponsors that I have never fucking heard of. I still don't know what Chick-fil-A is, and I love college football;
- TSN is doing the English broadcast honours tonight. And since Maguire is covering the WJC 6000 miles away, you can leave the earplugs aside. Or not, 6000 miles may not be enough;
- Conveniently, we can head back to Southeast Shootout for your cover charge. The streak is strong!
- Habs have earned 5 of a possible 8 on the annual season-killer road trip. It might need renaming (knock wood, yada-yada);
- Of course, against the Panthers, Habs have lost 4 in a row and at least 45 out of the last 50 games;
- That last bullet point may not be 100% accurate. I told you, I'm drunk;
- Panthers have won 4 of their last 5;
- Christo-Wall goes back-to-back;
- To watch: Olli Jokinen, any Hab with "tits" in his name. And as Panger pointed out in last night's game review (scroll down), Guimauve has finally realized when you're his size and have quick, talented players on your line, you GO TO THE FUCKING NET;
- Pat Hickey says Carbo's line-juggling makes him look like a genius, but we prefer to go with the "infinte monkeys typing at infinite typewriters" theory;
- Still no word on tonight's line-ups (we miss Chips already), we'll update as the news comes in.
If you're not out getting your holiday drunk on, let's hear your game thoughts in the comments.