Friday, December 28, 2007

Here's a hot stripper and some bullet points. Hey, it worked last night. Panthers Game Preview and Open Thread

As you know, here at FHF we believe in The Streak. The Leafs male strippers, the plus-sized chicks for Caps games (I kid, I kid. They're done, I promise. Or are they?), and Habs sucking every time HF29 goes to a game. So one win in Florida with the bullet points means they're back tonight in hopes of another W in the Sunshine State. That, and I'm lazy 'cause I'm on vacation. And drunk, because I'm on vacation. OK, just drunk:
  • 7:30 PM start, BankAtlantic Center. I love these American sports sponsors that I have never fucking heard of. I still don't know what Chick-fil-A is, and I love college football;
  • TSN is doing the English broadcast honours tonight. And since Maguire is covering the WJC 6000 miles away, you can leave the earplugs aside. Or not, 6000 miles may not be enough;
  • Conveniently, we can head back to Southeast Shootout for your cover charge. The streak is strong!
  • Habs have earned 5 of a possible 8 on the annual season-killer road trip. It might need renaming (knock wood, yada-yada);
  • Of course, against the Panthers, Habs have lost 4 in a row and at least 45 out of the last 50 games;
  • That last bullet point may not be 100% accurate. I told you, I'm drunk;
  • Panthers have won 4 of their last 5;
  • Christo-Wall goes back-to-back;
  • To watch: Olli Jokinen, any Hab with "tits" in his name. And as Panger pointed out in last night's game review (scroll down), Guimauve has finally realized when you're his size and have quick, talented players on your line, you GO TO THE FUCKING NET;
  • Pat Hickey says Carbo's line-juggling makes him look like a genius, but we prefer to go with the "infinte monkeys typing at infinite typewriters" theory;
  • Still no word on tonight's line-ups (we miss Chips already), we'll update as the news comes in.

If you're not out getting your holiday drunk on, let's hear your game thoughts in the comments.

39 comments:

Young HF29 said...

CJAD reports that Captain K is doubtful with the flu. Oh god, not again. Didnt we get shots this year???

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we don’t out shot the opponent and end up on the losing side of a 1-0 game.

Habs stand 4th in the east and I still feel they could do better. Must be the chubby stripper syndrome.

Go easy on the eggnog.

Anonymous said...

HF29 - yeah, when I heard that the good Cap'n had the frakkin' flu, I was not amused.

Anyone else notice that Cold FX ads featuring the Canadiens have made a conspicuous disappearance this season? You used to see that shite on billboards everywhere around town. (and on RDS, and at the game...) Methinks that they didn't want an obvious indication that their product is just the second coming of the carbolic smoke ball...

Young HF29 said...

@LG - Carbolic smoke ball!! This blog needs more lawyer inside jokes

Young HF29 said...

alright let's go! 2 in a row?? dare to dream...

Young HF29 said...

Captain K on the ice. Damn! he's gonna pass the germs around...

Young HF29 said...

i stand corrected! Saks starts the play...

Koivu loves the tender little tits...

Young HF29 said...

MY GOD RYDER!!!!!!!!!!

I may cry...

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo Ryder!! Way to increase your trade value, buddy!! (And great pass from Gorges to set up that 2 on 1)

Anonymous said...

Holy fuck - it's 3-zip!!

Young HF29 said...

i can't comment fast enough!!!

Anonymous said...

3 Habs goals and a fight within the first 6 minutes of game time?? This is fucking awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, AND a crazy Kerry Fraser penalty!! WTF is 6 minutes for roughing???

Young HF29 said...

LG - "a triple minor"

WTF is right

man i need to breathe

RHINO!! not backing down. im in love

Young HF29 said...

I swear I just saw Stanley C Panther in a bubble chasing a fan in another bubble on the ice during intermission. boy selling hockey in the south is tough

HFF33 aka Panger said...

What a pass from Georges on the Ryder goal. Maybe he'll be more than a throw in on the Rivet trade after all.

Milk Carton needed an open net from 6 inches to score, but I'll take it.

HF29, I think the "Maxim Mag" tag is new, but the way he played in the first indicates he approves!

Young HF29 said...

refs getting in the way, more whackiness in Florida. but man i'll take it

Anonymous said...

Panger - at least Milk Carton was man enough to admit it in the RDS "interview" (the quotes because, as always, the translation from the eedjits at RDS was laughable)

Anonymous said...

^^ Doh! I can't even spell my name right... Gotta lay off the Nog...

Young HF29 said...

well, we've wasted many power plays. but if we can learn to score 5 on 5 for while i'll take it. for now.

Anonymous said...

Haha, you're all welcome. Mrs. Fezworth has kept me busy for the 1st, and now we're playing Guitar Hero. Clearly as long as I don't watch, the Habs ARE the best in the league. It's a sacrifice, but it's worth it. I'll watch later on on Canadiens Express

Anonymous said...

Holy shit - Greek Lightning (sorta) speaks French!!! Score one for French education in the GTA!

Anonymous said...

Ooh - Fezworth, which Guitar Hero are you playing?? That game will be the reason why I don't make my billables target for the year...

Young HF29 said...

@fezworth: "never fuck with a winning streak" - Crash Davis

@LG - I'm so upset I missed that (i'm watching TSN, i'm a Chris Cuthbert groupie). i LOVE seeing the anglo Habs french level

Anonymous said...

@HF29 - Chris Cuthbert?! Dude, that's just... wow. I'm thinking that the booze and the "pizza deliveries" have fried your brain cells, my friend... ;-)

But, yeah - you missed a doozie. It was seriously OAC French in full effect - truly awful anglo accent, Franglais exploding all over the place, switching to English for a complicated sentence and then going back to French. He'll get some mileage out of that with the media.

Young HF29 said...

LG I feel shame it's true. but all the years of praing for Cuthbert over Cole on CBC may have warped the brain (along with the pizza)

there's an audible "Huet" chant. awesome.

Anonymous said...

@HF29 - less awesome is the fact that a good portion of the people making up that chant are partners from Ogilvy Renault... *Shudder* (Their retreat is in Boca Raton. My heart bleeds...)

Anonymous said...

Dammit - I hope Bouillon isn't injured. Much as he doesn't look like much some nights, he really is one of the team's spark plugs...

Young HF29 said...

GOD DAMN SHUTOUT JINX

Anonymous said...

I shouted the same thing at my teevee a few seconds ago. Dammit!

Young HF29 said...

KOVY!! SO close. my heart...

Anonymous said...

WOOT!! Chicken wings for the second straight night!!

Young HF29 said...

OH Higgins. WHAT a pass.

alright LG, wings AGAIN!

Young HF29 said...

2 nights in a row LG proves her typing skills

Anonymous said...

Why oh why are they getting us wings over the holidays?? I can't stop eating - I don't need any other excuses!!

Geez - Rhino is really a gettin' physical tonight... Good for him!!

Anonymous said...

@HF29 - I gots mad skillz... ;-)

Young HF29 said...

LG totally agree on Rhino

we beat the Panthers! Woohoo! [ignoring 40 shots against]

Anonymous said...

LG, I am playing GH:3 on the xbox 360. And yes, it is sucking my life down the drain.

I didn't watch one minute of the game tonight. I DID watch the last two periods of the TB game, and that one needed fluky goals a the end. Tonight? I watch nothing, it's a beautiful hammering.

I think I'm going to watch the next Leafs game.

Dave said...

Chic-Fil-A is the diggity dizzank. Throw me a #1 combo on a golden wheat bun and I'm set.