So as we announced yesterday, the big threeway (prediction contest) is a go! While we cue up the Barry White and warm up the oils and lotions, let's hit some bullet points to serve as your game preview:
- 7:30 PM, Bell Centre, first of a home and home;
- Habs are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. Really! Only Detroit can match that;
- Caps are 7-3 in their last 10, have won 5 of their last 6, and are 17-8-4 since dumping coach Hanlon;
- The last Habs-Caps tilt was an epic 5-4(OT) win for the Caps that may have gotten TFS(tm) sent down to Hamilton;
- No one particular Hab is hot, they all are considering that win in the alternate universe. Pleks has 13 points in his last 11 games;
- Mike Green is hot for the Caps, six goals and 14 points in his last 12 games. Oh, and some kid named Ovie is on pace for 64 goals this season;
- No word yet on any starting goalies or line-up changes, though expect Huet to start. Maybe Halak gets in this weekend?
Getting four lawyers to agree on anything is difficult. Getting four lawyer Habs fans to agree on eight predictions was damn near impossible. But after a late night at the strip club, we managed to reach a consensus. So without further ado, our predictions:
Total # of goals scored by the Habs over the 2 games - 8
Total # of goals scored by the Caps over the 2 games - 5
Total # of goals scored by Ovie over the 2 games - 1
Total # of goals scored by Kovy over the 2 games - 1
Winner of Tuesday night game - Habs, duh!
Winner of Thursday night game - Habs, double duh!
The Hab who will get into a fight - Greek Lightning (that's Tom Kostopolous, just so we're clear, not some other Greek Hab)
The Cap who will get into a fight - Brashear. Like there was ever any doubt.
From HF10: When do we get to start the trash talking? I want it on record that our Russian star is an enigmatic, airplane flyin, blonde-haired Adonis type renaissance man, while theirs is a gap-toothed, yellow-skate lace and tinted visor wearin, hair-by-hillbilly-barber goofball. Or something.
Consider it done, 10. Good luck to us all. And by "us," I mean us, and not "them."