Friday, November 14, 2008

The Morning Skate for Friday, November 14th

Bullet points for what you missed while dreaming of spending your vacation time on the new planets...
Blog You Probably Aren't Reading But Should Be
In an attempt to get the crappy taste out of our mouths, we're introducing a new semi-recurring feature here at TMS Central. TMS should be more than just snark and TSN links. So we're giving a shout out to some lesser known blogs (well, to us at least) we've come across we think are good, in hockey and even beyond. They're TMS approved!

Today, we present to you The Notwithstanding Clause, from FHF regular commentor Number31. Clever little witticisms about the Habs. As a bonus, she already has her game review from last night up! Sample:

"I have a message for our defense: pylons are usually orange."

7 comments:

Ian Vitro said...

I think one of the extra jerseys they unveiled for the 100th anniversary season is orange and conical, isn't it?

Araev16 said...

Team 990 is saying the Komo may have broken his hand. I guess he did get a punch or two in.

Justin Crowder said...

I had a hunch after watching the fight that Komisarek might have broken his hand... watch the clip of the fight, and you'll see he's swinging like a madman then suddenly stops after connecting to the helmet with a right and pulls himself down to the ice to stop the whole thing (Boston's crew called it 'turtling')...

He didn't play again after returning to the bench, though it went unnoticed by RDS...

*Fingers crossed*

Rédaction said...

I was actually bummed out of coming on your blog this morning. A bit like when you are hung over and you're planning to drink that next night. 6-1... agains boston.

Anonymous said...

Instead of watching the game last night, I went to see Madagascar 2 in IMAX. (don't ask)

I'm very glad I didn't see any of this debacle. This way, I can pretend it didn't happen...

Perhaps I'm too pessimistic (*pulls up a chair next to 29*), but the whole "WO0t! Habs rule this year!" thing seemed too good to be true to me.

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon at all - I sat on it throughout the mid-to-late-nineties-and-early-aughts. This is STILL not as bad as that time. It just feels worse because we weren't expecting it.

I'm also, in what has got to be a sick, twisted BDSM sort of way, kind of glad this happened. WAKE. THE. FUCK. UP. BITCHES. You're looking like you believe your own hype, and that ain't the road to a championship..

Lee_D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Number31 said...

Hullo, and thanks for the approval! Very kind.