Thursday, March 13, 2008

Girls Will Be Girls

So this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our team, is more what you would find on the brilliant Dooce, but it was just too good not to share.

On Saturday, I attended my friends' twins 4th birthday. They have a boy and a girl, R and L.

The girl, L, has entertained of late a little obsession with animals, so I figured I would introduce her to the animal kingdom and entice her fascination with all things mammal, i.e. keep her veiled to the fact that men are the only true animals out there.

I figured I would get her farm, jungle and prehistoric plastic figures so she could start telling the difference between the various species roaming the wilderness. It gets interesting here. With the set came a rather towering, frightful and menacing T-Rex. I actually hesitated before getting it because I thought that a first glance at the beast would scare the living hell out of her. I offered her the big box and sat back anxiously as she unwrapped her present. The T-Rex and L's eyes met for the first time and she stood there in silence, dismissively unimpressed. She quickly took to the other, smaller animals though.

The blizzard in Montreal that night left me stranded so I stayed there overnight. The next morning, I awoke to discover what L had done to her so-called monster T-Rex:



So much for my fears of inflicting permanent trauma on a 4-year old girl. Conversely, I think she may have given that tyrannosaurus severe masculinity issues for life. I never thought someone could make a T-Rex look like Liza Minnelli.

So to our beloved Habs, on the eve of this important game versus the mighty Senators, however daunting the opponent, put a proverbial necklace over them and reduce them to size.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she wasn't trying to make the T-Rex look like a woman but more like Mr. T? What about that?

Miss. Scarlett said...

Strange, that T-Rex looks a lot like me in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

I never thought someone could make a T-Rex look like Liza Minnelli.

Actually, Liza Minnelli looks like a T-Rex, so...

Dave said...

@sonia: I knew someone would make that comment the instant I finished typing that sentence. She does look beastly. More like a Jurassic Pork.

Loser Domi said...

I'm with flying toaster--he looks more like Mr. T or a pimp! Just needs the feather hat

Anonymous said...

Except Mr. T doesn't have dainty little arms like these.