Monday, September 10, 2007

Montreal Canadiens 2007-2008 Season Preview


Tomorrow the FHF will debut its 2007-2008 Montreal Canadiens Season Preview series. Over the next 3 weeks, the FHF will feature a different player every day, reviewing every aspect of his game, his mental make up, his earliest childhood memories, his take on the whole denim vs. chinos debate, his appreciation of Gregorian musical influences. This series will extend through the exhibition calendar right up to the season opener, after which prediction will give way to factual outcome. Prominent rookies and seasoned veterans will all grace these pages.

What really matters, however, above and beyond individual performances, are the team's overall results. The FHF will not disappoint: our last Season Preview entry will feature our official bold predictions. Don't miss that one. If you do, I expect that one day, as you lay on your death bed, your mind may throw you back to the eve of this season, at which point you will be consumed with regret for not having read our bold predictions. You won't be able to do anything about it then because, you know, you're on your death bed, you're signing off pretty soon, maybe within days...Just read the damn predictions.

We hope you enjoy our analysis and the inevitable sarcasm we will throw your way as one of the most questionable seasons in recent memory approaches. God help us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your Season Preview. This should get the comments section going.

I wish I lived in Montreal so I go go check out rookie camp.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to see what kind of sarcasm you guys can come up with, especially concerning Breakwood.

When the Habs signed him, I was tempted to sell my season tickets on eBay, every last one of them. Then I thought, "what the fuck, I'll just go to see how many times he falls trying to pivot whne I opposing forward goes around him".

Come to think about it, you guys should start your players reviews with Breakwood. It would be a great way to kick it off, with a bunch of laughs...

Jordi said...

Jesus Stephan it's a player review, not how much Breakwood ruined your life.

Anonymous said...

GOOD GOOD GOOD!

Now where can I get a copy of that cool Habs 3 tiered pic you have there?

Anonymous said...

Jordi, what can I say. I'm still bitter about the Habs signing him...

I'll try and get over it.

Dave said...

Habsdoc, for a copy of the photo, please refer to:

http://www.johnmahnicart.com/original_artwork.html

Thanks!