Saturday, June 13, 2009

Congrats Pittsburgh, we guess

Congrats to the Fucking Pens and Conn Smythe winner Gino Malkin. We didn't really care, but we guess it's better than Detroit. And we liked seeing Hossa suffer. Malkin, Sid, Staal and Fleury are all under 25 and signed forever. That's a scary thought.

May I take a moment to say "suck it Jim Hughson"? Normally I love the guy, a real pro. But his call at the end of the game - "Sidney Crosby and the Penguins have won the Stanley Cup" - made me fucking wretch. Sid hadn't even played for the second half of the game! He scored one fucking goal in the last 2 series!!! I don't know if he was ordered to do that by the CBC, but jebus. Here, take a look:



Okay, seems like a good time to remind you all that FHF will in fact be posting before September. HF4 and I are off to see the draft live, we've got UFA's and the ongoing ownership saga to keep track of. The season may be over, but the semi-nudity and bad taste has just begun. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see the sun for the first time in 8 months. Auuuughhh, my eyes.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for posting that video, I fell asleep when there was three minutes left in the third. Fuck. Pens win and Ovie has been golfing for weeks now. All is right in the world.

South Shore Habs Fan said...

Nothing better than seeing the Cup in the hands of the Flying Frenchmen once again! I don't remember them wearing black and gold, though...

Olivier said...

You guys will be at the draft? Man you will be bored out of your skull before Bettman gets to the podium...

Seriously, will they sell beer? Do you have to sneak in your booze?

mr. gillis said...

I had a nightmare last night that Komisarek signed a contract with the leafs. I almost pissed myself

DC said...

Dave Maloney on MSG's season-ending hockey wrap up show just reported the Habs are pursuing the Sedins.