Friday, June 05, 2009

Live blogging Jimmy Balls

As i sit here at work, I am listening to Tirico and Van Pelt on ESPN Radio. They are currently interviewing Jim Balsillie. I am going to try to report this as it happens, because I am bored as fuck on a Friday afternoon.

Tirico: What is the biggest stop sign in Bettman's eyes?
Balls: I don't know. You'll have to ask them. Basically I said, "here's a check, if I can relocate them to Southern Ontario."

Tirico: Was the South a mistake?
Balls: Dangerous to generalize. My purchase attempt is not part of a larger picture.

VP: Is Canada a "bigger seed to plant"? (or something)
Balls: Yes, Canada is very fertile. Second Southern Ontario team will only bolster the league.

Tiricio: Do you have support among NHL and hockey people?
Balls: I won't get specific about my conversations. I have no intention of doing anything but playing by the rules, building friendships.

VP: It all seems to make sense coming from you. good luck to you and Canada.

/fin

3 comments:

Boob Gainey said...

Laziridis is the brains of the organization. In case anyone had a doubt.

kevincrumbs said...

I hope it works out for Balls-Silly but his quote about only wanting to play by the rules is laughable.

Anonymous said...

He didn't specify by WHOSE rules - no doubt he has no trouble playing by his own. :)