Friday, February 06, 2009

The Game Day Skate for Friday, February 6th

Bullet points for what you missed while having nightmares of getting dissed by the French...
  • Well give Ottawa credit, they managed to at least take a point off the B's which is something the Habs couldn't do last time. 4-3 (SO).
  • Panthers continue to battle for 8th, beat the Isles 3-2. Watch the highlights - Zednik does this little hurdle thing on the way to a highlight reel goal, it's pretty cool;
  • Ovie gets his 200th career goal (already? fuck he's good) but the Caps lose.
Habs hit beautiful Buffalo tonight. BGL is back, and expect to see El Dandy this weekend too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm French, and let me just say that Sarkozy is a complete moron. He has no clue what he's talking about here, he simply wants to stir the pot. I'm not taking sides on the sovereignty debate here, I just think Sarkozy should know better than to ignite controversy with Quebeckers just because he wants to impose change on absolutely everything.

Anyway, of course this has nothing to do with hockey, so I'll stop here! :)

Anonymous said...

"Georges Laraque returns to the lineup on Friday night".

Do you think Andrew Peters soiled himself when he read that?

Anonymous said...

SO Apparently Georges Laraque wants to ensure his legacy by eliminating fighting from the league. Makes sense to me.

Guillaume Theoret said...

Is Dandenault's arm still broken though? If not he healed really fast. I heard he's still wearing a special wrist brace thing?

mr. gillis said...

@GT: I heard that Dandy's arm is healed but they want to bring him back to the game very slowly. Don't know why.

L Dude said...

Buffalo, schmuffalo.

The only story this weekend is the Battle of Belarus Saturday.

Young HF29 said...

@LD - I am so excited for tomorrow I almost forgot about tonight's game

@Grrreg - no need to stop, i put those links in there every morning to encourage non-hockey discussion!

preview is up though if the rest of you want to talk hockey there

Guillaume Theoret said...

@gillis Because even a fully healed break is still weak. I broke my leg once and was out skating during the huge ice storm 98. I was going fast and my skate got jammed in a pocket of air. I kept going by my leg didn't and I snapped my leg again =/

I hope the same doesn't happen to El Dandy =(

mr. gillis said...

@GT: Ouch. Sounds like it hurt. Don't want that to happen to Dandy