- 7:30 PM start at the Phone Booth. It seems to be on Sportsnet Pacific, meaning it's probably blacked out everywhere but BC and Alberta;
- Habs have won... one in a row! Canucks, after sucking big-time when Mats got there, have gone on a tear, winning 8 of 9 games and jumping from 11th to 5th in the West;
- Canucks beat the Habs 4-2 on the Habs' recent Western swing;
- Orland Kurtenblog is your source for all things Canucks and beyond;
- Kovy is coming off his best game of the season, and Pleks and Big Tits are riding with him. The Semitic Saviour and Markov are scoring points, while the latter's defensive coverage has been, er, not good;
- The Sedins are scoring (big surprise) and Mats has a point per game over the Canucks' good stretch;
- Halak will get the start again after his 44 saves on Saturday. Carey who?
- We thought Tangy was oh so close to returning, but after meeting with doctors he's still out a week or two. And in case you missed it, Franky B is out for at least 2 weeks;
- For your post-game adult entertainment, in tribute one last time to Mats, enjoy the Swedish Department of Sex (seriously NSFW).
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
The game wherein Montreal fans warmly welcome Mats Sundin with a polite round of applause - Canucks Game Preview and Open Thread
Remember last summer? Remember when we wasted our lives patiently waiting for the Matsiah while staring at hot Swedish chicks? Of course you don't. It never happened. But we're pretty sure the crowd at the Bell Centre remembers. No doubt they'll thank Mats for his diligence in not making a rash decision. All we can say to Mats is he should thank God this ain't Philly. Let's hit the bullets in tribute to what Flyer fans would do if Mats had spurned them: