|The pre-game excitement at the main entrance was palpable|
- The Devils are terrible. I mean TERRIBLE. They have no offense and no defense. Yes, they won the game in a shootout but for the second and third periods, they did even less than the Habs did against the Flyers. And the Flames are no Flyers. They're terrible too. All in all, a terrible game, were it not for a PP in OT that generated some offense finally;
- If you want to complain about Gomez, go watch Kovalchuk. He did absolutely nothing all night, and he makes way more than the Mexican. I feel better now;
- The Prudential Center is an outstanding arena. I walked around even up to the upper deck, and the sightlines are amazing. Not a bad seat in the house;
- Most importantly, there is room to MOVE AROUND. Wide, spacious aisles. Space to walk or stand behind the last row of any section and watch the game. Wide, spacious concourses with tons of concessions and SPACE for fuck's sake. Did I mention SPACE? This is one of the concourses DURING INTERMISSION:
- Now admittedly there were not 21,273 people there (13,202 according to ESPN) but seriously you could put 40,000 in those hallways they'd still have room. Fuck I hate the Bell Centre;
- Almost everyone wears Devils gear. Quite impressive;
- Enough people understood my Kansas City Scouts jersey and its significance and told me how cool it was. This is a hockey crowd, no question. They booed at the right time, they cheered when they felt the Devils needed a boost (the whole game basically) and they didn't need any explanations about what was going on. Good crowd, even with their team sucking.
That's of course yours truly and the Devils Dancers (well, half of them). They were quite friendly. Hysterically, the one to my left tried to cover up the KC scouts logo before the pic was taken, because she said that "only Devils logos can be in pictures with us." I explained to her and her whole gang the history of the Devils. They were so impressed we all went and had sex together after the game. The jersey is a babe magnet.
Oh yeah, Habs win 4-1, and Lego is finally rewarded with a goal. I heard it was a good game. Whatever, I was busy having sex with cheerleaders.