Friday, September 18, 2009

The Game Day Skate for Friday, September 18th

Bullet points for what you missed while having nightmares of your FLQ past...
Habs on TV tonight! RDS at 7:30, the Kovy-less Sens will be in town, as Jacques Martin gets to face his second old team in as many nights. Speaking of Martin, come back later this morning for a killer Stripperriffic Preview. For no reason whatsoever, here's a TMS fave, Olivia Wilde in GQ to start your Sexy Friday off right. Have a good one. And Shana Tova to Squid and all the other Jews out there.

5 comments:

GoldenGirl11 said...

Gomez: "It's a good feeling, but a pre-season goal is still a pre-season goal. It's still hockey and I still love to score. I don't get too many of them..."

"Hi Bob. Gomez returning your call... changes... Uh huh.... Wow, that's a lot of money.... and your expectations?... Goal scoring? Well, to be completely honest, I don't get too many of them.... call me a playmaker... like Wayne... he did? THAT MANY???.... Really?... Well I'll try really really hard(ish), k?...".

Boob Gainey said...

Reports say O'Byrne did well.

The parts of the game I saw he still doesn't know what to do with the puck. He just skates around aimlessly until he either loses the puck or makes a bad pass.

Sure he can hit and he'll fight, but he will soon be behind Subban and Weber. Maybe we should cut out losses now and trade him.

Van Hab said...

I was watching the Nucks/Ducks game last night. It was really effing weird to see Koivu in a Ducks uniform. Fucking bizarre.

Saw the Habs highlights... Dec. 23rd collapse is inevitable

Kate said...

@Van Hab,

Apparantly it freaked Koivu out too when he first put it on. I was just reading an article in the LA Times about the Nucks/Ducks game last night, he says he was as nervous as a kitten. It's a big adjustment for sure. He'll be fine.

GoldenGirl11 said...

@Moey
Agreed. Something tells me that once you've survived cancer nothing else is that big a deal. He'll be great.

More importantly I think Cammalleri should be benched tonight. Hockey instead of synagogue is just asking for an injury... or at least that's what my bubby used to say. Shana tova to all.