Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stripperriffic Preview: Road Trip Edition - Curtis Sanford

Who the fuck are these new guys? How the fuck are we supposed to know? They're new to us too. So we've taken the lazy-ass blogger way out, and turned to the best bloggers out there (or those that answered our emails) to help us out. We hunted down bloggers from the player's team last year, and told them they could write whatever they wanted, to help us get to know the new guy better. Then we let GoldenGirl11 loose with the Photoshop and a new web series was born.

So I met Vancity Canuck over at Wrap's house of Tokarski, and was impressed with her comments on my True Blood reviews. Oh btw, look, here's another one.Vancity Canuck has been "living on hope and mediocrity since '94." Sounds about right. Here's her thoughts on our new 3rd on the depth chart goalie...

Sanford, who has the nickname the 'Sandman', really didn't get a lot of play in Vancouver. When you are backing up Luongo, that's a fact of life you accept. Duties included getting Luongo a fresh cup of coffee in the morning and doing his laundry, maybe walking his dog if he had one. But when Luongo went down last season with a groin injury, it became the Sanford and Schneider show, and he posted some big wins. Sanford then injured himself, and Gillis was forced to bring in Jason LaBarbera to play with Schneider. It was an untimely injury because Sanford is a solid back-up and finally had an opportunity to play a number of consecutive games.

Sanford did get a little notoriety in Vancouver for a contest last season where fans got to design a new mask for him. Over the past 2 years, he played 35 games in Vancouver with a record of 11-11-1 and in the AHL this year played 16 with a record of 7-3-3 (I don't understand the math either) with a 1.73 GAA. He is prone to injury and then could never have made it as a starter, but his veteran presence should be good for Price as a back-up.

Even though he's injury-prone, compared my back-up in Vancouver, %&$&#^ Raycroft, may I have Sanford back?

22 comments:

Hadulf said...

Obviously, she does not know that we have Halak as backup. Unless she has inside information that Halak will be a goner?

I think Halak will be good trade bait and Sanford will be called up...

JC said...

I guess the fact that GoldenGirl's best photo option has him in a practice jersey corroborates the story about how little playing time he saw in VanCity...

On the bright side, the man can grope strippers with an intense glare and stop pucks at the same time, which makes him a winner in my books. What focus...

Olivier said...

I think Sanford is Hamilton-bound.

Why would Bob get rid of Halak?

Rob said...

The unfortunate truth is we will be seeing more then we fucking want of whoever ends up being the back up.

GoldenGirl11 said...

There were actually a few other shots of him in uniform but they were taken on the front steps of his house by his mom in 1995.

Dani said...

Sanford is probably Hamilton bound since I have no inside information.

I can't really say that have in depth knowledge of backups for teams that are not my own, though I did get to see yours play last year in Vancouver.

lawyergirl77 said...

GG11 - that post about Sanford's mom got inappopriate giggling and snorting out of me while at my desk... pretending, I mean, uh, ACTUALLY working...

Anonymous said...

The math to do with the games would be when he played and never got a decision. IE- Sanford is pulled after allowing four goals and the team is down 4-1. The team comes back to win 6-5. Sanford played, but never got credited with a win or loss.

Kate said...

Who was the creator of the word "fucktard?" It's the best word. Ever.

Ben Dugas said...

Looks like Markov has turned down the captaincy.

memyselfandi said...

Strangely enough, the etymology is a little weak but here's your fucktard dictionary entry.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fucktard
I particularly liked #5.

GoldenGirl11 said...

@LG
Love inappropriate giggling. I look forward to the the "spit coffee through my nose" post. As for ACTUALLY working, I let children 1-4 fend for themselves last night dinnerwise because I was too busy thinking up ways to use the word fucktard in a sentence. Best I could do by days end was "hey Fucktard, it's 8:30, you're going to be late for your bar mitzvah lesson!". Therapy here we come.

BJ said...

hi again. can anybody tell me where that girl got those nylons? THERE GORGOUS!! Thx! Hugs.

L Dude said...

In Keeping with the Fucktard Theme

To quote Mr. Potato Head (i think, maybe it was Rex) from Toy Story:
"OH NO, HE'S AT IT AGAIN!"

Guess who?

"Of course, another player in the Sundin sweeps will be the Canadiens, and it is my prediction that..."

In all honesty, I'm shocked it's taken this long.

Brian said...

If only it were true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEaydH1ILlw

moeman said...

Its, Jethro .

Brian said...

Or, the real man that sent Mike Komisarek to TO.

L Dude said...

Saw Komisuckass on OTR tonight. I watched about 8 seconds of it. Then I puked. Fucktard.

L Dude said...

@moeman: OMG, OMG, OMG!!! (sorry, I have teenagers).
Spazza's hilarious!

Number31 said...

What. A. Laugh.

Anyway,
NEW MASK!

Beta169 said...

WTF! I didn't know that there were pre-season games already.

And Phoenix and L.A. are playing a home and home, with both games being played at the same time.

Bryan Driscoll said...

@vancitycanuck

that was a solid burn.. props!