- ??? 8 goals? Apparently. Habs 8, Wild 1.So much to love. A PFK hat trick. A Gordie Howe hat trick for BlanCHe Dubois. A solid backup goalie performance. Hell, even CHicken played well. 40 wins (more than all last year) with 9 games still to play. Nipping at Boston's heels (again. sigh.) A significant bounce back from the Rangers game, we'd have to say, even if it was just the Wild. More later;
- Matt Cooke! Cheap shot! To the head! We know that's hard to believe. It wasn't enough to beat the Rangers tho who get a 5-2 win over the Pens;
- The Sabres get a precious point (or lost a precious point, depending on if you're a half full or half empty type) in the fight for 8th with a 4-3(OT) loss to the Preds thanks to Boom Boom's grandson's hat trick;
- Brodeur with a shutout as the Devils now sniffing the Leaf's derriere in the standings;
- In the Deathmatch for 8th in the West, The Ducks beat the Flames in OT 5-4;
- Something happening in Phoenix / Glendale that smells fishy somehow;
- Jack Todd puts the Cooke hit in the broader context.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Bullet points for what you missed while dreaming of the first full day of spring...