|Today's Heritage Classic alternate jersey is all like "well, maybe if the refs think we're one of them, we'll get some calls"|
Bullet points for what you missed while having nightmares of not having a running game next year...
- Well, 5th place was fun while it lasted - Caps 7, Ducks 6 in a wild one, with Semin getting a hat trick;
- The Leaf is only 8 points out of a playoff spot! They're the best team in the league!!!! Leafs 2, Sabres 1;
- Devils continue to be hot (8-1-1 in their last 10) with a 3-2 win over the Canes;
- Flyers win their league-best 38th game;
- Avs lose their 9th in a row, to the Pens in OT;
- The Flames get back into a playoff spot with a 4-2 win over the Stars. We know you don't care about the Western Conf, but take a look at the 4-8 clusterfuck in the West standings this morning. It's pretty cool;
- Get well, Joel Quenneville;
- Be sure to check the FHFunnies today, as we have been zinged;
- Let's get to the really important news - the return of Paul Mara! We think it says something about the state of our kiddie corps defense that we are THRILLED to welcome back a player who we openly derided on a regular basis last year. No doubt SpatCHes, who is not going West, is injured worse than we thought. What was Mara's nickname again?