- In case you've been in an airplane or something, Habs beat the Pens 5-2 to win the series 4-3 and advance to the Eastern Conference Finals. Holy crap. Happy fucking birthday PFK and Jaro! Typical Habs performance - get some opportunistic scoring, overcome questionable reffing, kill a bunch of penalties heroically (AND get a shorty, thx Gonchar!), and ride some Jaro as we get totally outshot. Nothing wrong with any of that anymore. Props to Gio with 2G and a ton of work, and well, props to everyone really. Again no props to Crysby and his unsportsmanlike post-game presser. More later today no doubt;
- And the Habs' opponent in the Conference Finals (on Sunday at 7 PM) will be... we don't know, because Philly is on the brink of an epic comeback, tying their series with the Bs thanks to a 2-1 win. Great work by Michael Leighton, the Flyers' 3rd goalie to play in the series, in his first start in two months;
- Team Canada had all sorts of problems at the Worlds, losing the game 4-1 to the Swiss (!) and losing Stamkos to injury. At least we're not Team USA;
- Glendale ponies up some cash, pendulum swings from Winnipeg yesterday to Phoenix today;
- Keep that smile on your face with MYFO's Game 7 take.;
- As of this writing, there does not appear to be rioting in the streets of Montreal. But it's early. MORNING UPDATE: Ok, some rioting and looting. Or maybe they really just needed some tube socks. They weren't Habs fans, just trouble-making assholes.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Bullet points for what you missed while HOLY FUCK WE'RE GOING TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS...