Mikael Grabovsky and Sergei Kostitsyn continue their battle in the alley behind the Bell Centre after the game.
Ah, life is good. Out of the hospital, airways clear, and on top of it, due to the generosity of loyal FHF blogger LG77, got to watch the Habs beat up on a crappy Leafs team live. First post in a while, so I`m a bit out of the loop - got nothing clever, so let`s hit the bullet points, random stream of consciousness style:
- Special thanks goes out to Toksalad's (FHF nickname award (non-Habs division) winner, 2008-2009 season; take a bow, Moeman), who ensured a Habs victory and the fulfillment of all my pre-game wishes after giving up several weak ones, especially the second to Mad Max.
- On the other hand, nothing but praise for Jaro (especially after he got bashed after the Devils/Panthers games): solid-to-spectacular play, to the point that was surprising to see the Leafs ahead in shots all game. As HF4 might say: Cari seet in sick room and have sexy massage of brokeen groin, so Jaro seev meeny shots from Leaf and help Mentreal ween.
- Kovy is great when he's interested. (I just wish that was more often.) And he could have been a porn star: he can get it straight up in tight in the blink of an eye.
- Yet another rookie made his Habs debut. Wearing no. 68 (what with the 60`s digits? what`s wrong with 24 or 15?? Or something in the 30s? This is bugging me way more than it should.) Weber didn`t do anything spectacular on the PP, but got off one rocket of a slapshot in the third, and held his own during regular shifts in the third alongside Hamr. It was nice of the Leafs to suck so badly that Carbo could play him like that without worry.
- What`s with Georges up front? Dude clearly plays defence for a reason.
- D`Agostini can probably make travel plans back to Hamilton when Saks returns (fingers crossed) on Saturday. Hit the net on a breakaway, rookie.
- I can`t believe the refs kept Grabs and Little Tits apart - but loved that it seemed like the linesmen was going to toss Grabovsky like a dwarf for a second. Apparently Grabs said he`d fight him in the street - which I`d pay to see.
- Also can't believe the league is going to look the other way after that dust up - seems like Grabs is getting the Curtis Joseph treatment. (Ed. note: RDS reports that Grabby got 3 games.)
- Most unbelievably, I think it`s time to let Breezer out of the trunk after moving into 5th all-time in Habs scoring among defensemen after his 3-assist game. He's played within his capabilities alongside Cube, and (shudder) has probably been our second best offensive defencemen. That being said, if Gainey doesn`t substantially upgrade the quality of puck-moving defencemen before the deadline they`re going nowhere in the playoffs.
- Is Brian Burke going to do something besides goon the Leafs up with the likes of Brad May? I guess he's returning to the good ol' Conn Smythe days of "beat'em in the alley" - cause they clearly aren't going to be beating many teams on the ice.
- Both Greek Lightening and Franky may have lost the technical decision in their fights, but Cube hanging in there with a guy 6 inches taller energized the team - and the crowd. And proved that "intimidation" tactics are not going to win hockey games when you have no talent.
- Speaking of fighting, where is Georges Laraque? How does one get hurt by not playing? Maybe someone should tell BGL that the massage places he's been frequenting, while temporarily improving the feeling in his groin area, really aren't a recommended long term medical solution.
- OK, so now we have a good PP again? And Mad Max`s line plays half the time? OK.
- Speaking of whom, I'm away for 3 weeks and Max turns into Rocket Richard? WTF? I guess that makes Tenderness Toe Blake.
- It is an experience to watch the Habs beat the Leafs live. Taunting Toksalad the whole way through. Sixty-seven, clap-clap-clapclapclap in the first. Olé in the second. Hey-hey goodbye half way through the third. (Usually I`d say too early, but the game was never close. Plus it`s the Leafs.)
- Especially sweet victory with 6 regulars out. Of course I`m sure Leafs Nation has some sort of excuse for the fact that the Bulldogs probably could have beaten them last night.
- Speaking of Leafs Nation: One member got tossed 5 minutes into the game after throwing a plastic bottle down 15 rows, nailing a guy in the back of the head (he was fine). I don't know what Leafs Fan was thinking because no one was even taunting the Leafs or their fans at that point. Then again, if he was rational he probably wouldn't be a Leafs fan.
- Not-something-you-see-everyday department: two Hasidic jews with Habs baseball caps in the front row of the whites. I guess god really is a Habs fan.
Great game. Leafs Suck indeed. I`m off to watch some midget wrestling to get in the mood for the rematch.