Pretty inspiring what these little people have done to the giants. No matter how far they go, it will have been a series. Sure a few bounces here and there and we could have had a totally different series, but Caps in 6 sounds pretty honourable to me.
Little People did some very good things last night, like:
- not allowing an onslaught of goals in the third period
- not allowing more than 3 goals in under 4 seconds at any point in the game
- not allowing the Caps short handed unit outscore their power play unit
- not allowing Jaroslav Spacek anywhere near a Caps jersey
- not allowing Jaroslav Spacek anywhere near a Habs jersey
- deciding to live and die with our cult hero
- not dying
- not allowing the Caps to score as a result of the most random, insignificant and unfortunate series of unlucky bounces that end up in your own net with 0.4 seconds left to play in regulation
- not allowing Roman Days of Our Lives Hamrlik to back up with the cadence of a pregnant cement truck. (yes, cement trucks have libidos too)
- not allowing Benoit Pouliot any access to his old linemates, even through unsuspecting sign language
The Wadlowvechkins have seen their growth stunted for at least another weekend. That may be the nicest thing about our own surprising growth spurt; we get to enjoy it for a bonus day, with Game 6 (geez that sounds nice) only going on Monday.
Enjoy it caramba.