- Totally agree with HF29's recap: it was an entertaining - if ultimately frustrating - game.
- Weird there were more fights than minor penalties. And no PP opportunities for Swiss Mister II. Poor Swiss, they never win.
- The good news includes that there seemed to be some semblance of a "system" being implemented. Good support of the puck carrier; quick, short passes - although the Gomez's passes right through the slot make my heart skip a beat.
- Halak was pretty good throughout and very good in spurts, but not spectacular enough to steal a point. What I`m saying is that there is no goaltending controversy.
- Well, right now.
- My Boy Chips looks like a career AHLer. Yeah, ok, I said it. He seems to finally understand that possibility and his fight in the second, where he acquitted himself quite well IMHO, might have been a sign that he understands his role in the NHL will be as a Steve Begin-type, versatile, gritty defensive player who will drop the gloves and score the occasional goal. But last night I cringed whenever he stepped on the ice. Which leads me to...
- The Habs lost this game because the Flames' 4th line destroyed theirs. I can out-skate BGL in my goalie skates, Gregory Stewart may actually have hands that are made out of a concrete-like substance, and I already talked about Chips.
OK that's enough actual hockey analysis, after the meth I'm going to go (in all likelihood) yell at the TV for the next few hours while "'enjoying" the Canucks game, while (again, in all likelihood) simultaneously cursing the Habs' failure to deal for Luongo when Clinically Insane Mike Milbury ran the Islanders.