Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wanna do this again? Goal Posts 46 - Habs 2 - Thrashers 1 (S.O.)

Learning from the master

We didn't witness the worst start in 68 years, the new Thrashers looked like the old Thrashers, and the Habs blocked 26 shots.

Was it 60 minutes of great hockey as jacques Martin put it? Nope, but it's as good an effort as the team has turned in this season.

It was, take a deep breath, Jacques Martin hockey, and if we had a few more guys who had a nose for the net, it would have looked better because the guys came up with a bunch of chances.

But this is how I am contemplating my feelings about this game. If this game were compared to a first date, would I want to see this date again?

Yes, probably.

Am I swept off my feet, heart racing?

No.

Did I just have a night of insane monkey sex, and have I booked a bikram yoga class to get the feeling back in my legs ?

No I haven't.

But am I curious enough to go on a second date? Yes, yes I am.

So all in all, if last night's game were a first date, and I had to contact the date again for a second date, this is how I would do it. I would not call, cause that's way too forward for an average date. I mean, come on, how long are you going to bore me with your master's degree problems? No, you get an email, no more.

So this would be it:

"Hi Thrasher beating team,

Last night was fun. Hope you had a good time. I can't believe how rude that waiter was! Seriously, some people! Did you speak to your colleague this morning about those research methods? It's pretty innovative stuff.

Anyways, it would be nice to see you again some time next week. This week is so busy with work. We could touch base again on Monday or Tuesday. I may be away this weekend so if you call the cell and I don't pick up, just leave a message and I'll get in touch with you at some point.

I've got early meetings next week so I've got to get back to work. Gotta run!

Cheers,

HF4"

See? No real excitement, prospective morning plans that seal off late night possibilities if she shows up with funky hair or if the master's talk bores me to shreds. Not really convinced I had a good time, but I'm staying polite enough to not appear as if I'm on the fence, which I totally am.

8 comments:

moeman said...

@HF4, "I'm staying polite enough to not appear as if I'm on the fence, which I totally am."

Nothing wrong with being bi cuz her friend from Long Island my be a hottie.

Sleepy said...

I gotta ask. With the amount of time dedicated to this blog, how do you find time to do things ...like billing for instance?

HFF33 aka Panger said...

@sleepy: you mean we're not supposed to bill clients for time spend on posts? Fuck. I'm out.

GoldenGirl11 said...

@Sleepy
How else are they supposed to pay for the VIP room at Kamasutra, duh.

Tally said...

Johnny Drama is the man!

Young HF29 said...

how long are you going to bore me with your master's degree problems?

I will not stand for these insults

UK3X said...

I'm with Tally - Johnny Drama Rocks...and we didn't suck! We hit some posts, played the right goalie for a change and, for the most part, skated pretty well. Bring us more of this and we'll be ok!

Flying Toaster said...

PLayed the right goalie? Halak spent the whole night looking for the puck and taking a peek behind his back if he let big poop in net! Seriously, he might have kept us in the game, but we certainly didn't win thanks to him and Carey Price would've done just as much if not better.

Halak is by no means a bad goalie, but people jumping on this win to justify Halak as being number 1 might be getting a bit ahead of themselves.