The FHF couldn't let the glorious anniversary of Gary Bettman's takeover of the league go by without commemorating the occasion. Happy anniversary, Gary! 15 years ago today, you became commissioner. 15 years? It's been such a smooth ride you would have thought you took over just yesterday! Let's run down some of your finer accomplishments.
- You got rid of those nasty division and conference names. Who needs history? Look to the fabulous future, Gary! You are a visionary!
- You got the league on the best network in the whole world, Versus! Who cares if ESPN totally ignores hockey now? Versus has hunting! And fishing! And Mountain West College Basketball!
- You eliminated those pesky successful franchises in Quebec City and Winnipeg. Canada, pshaw! We hate hockey here! You knew the American South was the place for pucks. Again, visionary!
- You totally had labour peace. What's a couple of lockouts among friends?
- You turned the fourth major sport into, uh, something better! Well done!
Thank god you came along Gary. We couldn't have done it without you.Thanks to the Pitssburgh Sports Guys for the photo. Those guys are geniuses. In Pittsburgh!