Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Morning Skate for Wednesday, February 13th

Bullet points for what you missed while dreaming of sweeping the primaries...
  • Habs suck. Face facts people. Fear the Collaps and TMS had a wonderful time in the open thread last night, deciding the collapse was upon us;
  • Hellooooo, Buffalo. Sabres beat the new look Sens 5-1. Don't look now, Buffalo is in a playoff position and nipping at the Habs' heels;
  • Flyers seem to have gone from 2nd in the East to 6th in, like, a week. Isles get 47 shots and a 4-3 win;
  • Sheldon Souray is out for the year, but the Habs crap last night has robbed me of some good schadenfreude.

I hate mornings when I'm just too embarassed to watch Sportscentre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the Hammer, we haven't won since he got sick

Anonymous said...

I am really starting to feel a bit of déjà vu from last year with this team.



At the beginning of the year they were playing decent but not great, and then they really went on a roll. They were looking fast, energetic and the passing was great.

Now, after watching the last 4 games are so I am really discouraged and frightened that we are headed for another late season collapse.



The Kovalev line is still contributing but the rest of the team is doing absolutely nothing. The Koivu line is of particular concern. They never look like a threat to score, Higgins scored last night but he only has like 2 in the last 16 games. Ryder is awful this year, but what is going on with Koivu? He just doesn’t seem to be creating any offense chances like he used to.



And on D, we are really missing Hamrlik. I hope he comes back for tonight’s game. Once you get past the Markov and Komisarek combo our D is downright scary defensively. Last night the pairs were O’Byrne and Bouillon, Brisebois and Gorges. I think my beer league hockey team would score a few goals on those pairs.

I don’t know why they keep the Brisebois experiment going. Just put Streit on D, I feel much more comfortable with him out there. Bench Breezer, and use O’Byrne sparingly. The third pairing of Cube and Gorges still scares me, be still better than having 2 scary combos, and still better than Breezer.



HueT has looked shaky