- Can someone PLEASE cover Ovie??? He is, like, the best scorer in the league you know. We defer to Alex the Gr8 for this evening, 4 G 1A and the OT winner in the Habs 5-4 loss. You know it's a big game when a hockey headline makes it to ESPN.com's front page. More later, including the complex calculations that will reveal the winner in the big threeway (predictions contest). TMS would like to take a second to thank Shmee and CapsChick for the awesomeness this week;
- Free Guy! Well actually he is free after being released after turning himself in yesterday. He'll be in court February 7th. Montreal media circus alert!
- Schadenfreude du jour: Nick Antropov throws his stick at the ref in a 3-2 loss and is suspended for 3 games;
- Sens were blech in their home rink without Heater and the Captain (sounds like a bad sitcom), and suffer a 4-1 loss to the Bruins;
- Calice 'stie, Don Cherry, Vinny Lecavalier can fight too (video).
Get ready for the big Super Bowl weekend double afternoon games! It always confuses TMS when the Habs play in the afternoon, twice in 2 days freaks me out.