Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Game Day Skate for Tuesday, March 10th

Bullet points for what you missed while dreaming of / having nightmares of firing your coach...
  • Don't worry, nothing important happened to the Habs yesterday;
  • Sens take the Battle of Ontario, 2-1;
  • Hurricanes beat the Rangers, jump from 9th to a tie for 5th (with the Habs) in the East. Clusterfuck alert!
  • Token west game alert! Kings end the 'Nucks win streak;
Oilers visiting the Phone Booth tonight. I'm sure it won't be a circus or anything.

BREAKING NEWS - as I write this, the CBC called and wants yours truly on the air again to continue the conspiracy to reveal my real name. We'll be discussing the intricacies of managing the salary cap during a recession (or so I'm assuming). Should happen around 8:15 AM, 88.5 FM in Montreal or online here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bottom line...we will still miss the playoffs.

lawyergirl77 said...

Hey 29 - just listened to Daybreak... I enjoyed the "coffee clatch" report right before you went on with the gnashing of the teeth and the "Oh, woe is Carbo..."

Great interview, in spite of the somewhat insipid questions!! :)

lawyergirl77 said...

And shouldn't the Habs record note say "Bob's record as coach this year"? He already has a pretty solid coaching record, no?

Anonymous said...

HF29 - You want me on retainer as an agent? I only charge 15% of your appearance fee. =)

Young HF29 said...

@LG - thx! and point taken - fixed

@TH-TO - sure, 15% of 0 is still 0

Rédaction said...

Am I the only one that can't open the audio file on the CBC website. WTF is a ".ram" file?

Young HF29 said...

@Mtliste1 - it's Real Player. the CBC thinks it's 1998. I'll try to get an mp3 and post it