"Jesus, I hope they win tonight, if only to salvage some pride. And enough of the cheapshot bullshit; you're the Montreal Canadiens. Act like it."
-HF10, in a morning email
I hope 10 will forgive me for using his email without permission, but it so perfectly summed up my feelings going into this game tonight. The Montreal Canadiens are not playing like the Montreal Canadiens. Have some fucking pride. Skate. Work. Follow Métro's example. Play hard, play fair. DON'T FUCKING TAKE STUPID PENALTIES. Well, unless you want to jab your stick in Chara's neck. Then feel free. Some very very quick bullets to set the table:
- 7 PM start at the Phone Booth. Over / under on the sound of the first booing from Habs fans? I've got 7:24;
- I think by now you should know all the B's blogs to read;
- Habs have come back from a 2-0 series deficit five times in their history, most notably in 2004 against the Bruins;
- Bob was totally silent after the morning skate today on his line-up. No mention of goalies, Tits, Daggers, or anything. Maybe hiding the surprise return of Lang?
- Post-game adult entertainment has been suspended pending the Fucking Habs ability to show they can actually win a hockey game.