Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Morning Skate for Wednesday, April 1

Bullet points for what you missed while having nightmares of the Fail Whale...
  • Fucking Habs play a solid game at both ends of the ice for 60 minutes and get a victory over a good team. April Fool's, bitches! Huh? It's true? Ok then. More later today;
  • Panthers refuse to lay down, beat the Sens;
  • As a result of these events, the standings now show two things. Only 5 points separate 4th and 9th in the East, and the Sens and Leafs are both officially eliminated from playoff contention. Next year, Leaf Nation!
  • The Ducks beat the Oilers, get themselves back into playoff position in the even more clusterfuck-y West.
April? It's fucking April??? Where has the season gone?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

B-iootiful!

Zdeno Chara gets into a fight with visor wearing Artyukhin, and breaks his hand.

Out for 6 weeks.

Link

savardwalsh said...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

....seriously, you should've seen the look on my face...

moeman said...

@Alain, nice, gonna spread that one on this fateful day in April.

Geoff said...

Dammit Alain you had my hopes up!

I told myself I wasn't going to fall for any April Fool's jokes this year!

Anonymous said...

Must admit, my next click was going to be on the injuries link,lol. Good one!! Wishful thinking, I guess.

Rédaction said...

42 years and counting. Officially.

L Dude said...

Just gotta say here I'm 4 for 4 since I started the damned video game experiment. In the result, if not the exact score. Hopefully I get one wrong soon since I don't even like playing the fucking thing!

I'm going to say that game was THE BEST game of the season last night. The only game since game 1 that I can say they actually deserved to win hands down.

If you consider that fact and the fact that they are still in a playoff position, it's a damn fine time to start to gel!

GO YOU FUCKERS, GO!

James said...

I think the team's performance last night is a bit blown out of proportion by the fact that they have been SO shitty for SO long that we want to cling to any form of hope we can.

But earlier this season, we won a game in Detroit where the Wings even played pretty well - I think that was an better performance. Ditto the game where we blanked the Sens 4-0 (and Higgs got a hat-trick). Also there's a game against Pittsburgh that we were very awesome (AK46 had a hatter in that one). There's one against the Rangers that we won 6-2 that was also a near perfect team effort.

Overall I think there's still some room for improvement, specifically in defensive zone coverage. But last night was for sure our best game of 2009!